Pages

Thursday, September 11, 2014

My First Celebrity Crushes


Malcolm from The Best Laid Plans is a sexy rocker, though not necessarily a celebrity. But that’s okay because there are plenty out there to fall for. Good, bad, or just because we didn’t know any better, our first celebrity crushes can say a lot about us. Here are my first four.


4. Jack T. Colton from Romancing The Stone.

It’s not even that I think he’s that hot. But there’s something about Jack T. Colton that captivated me. He was mysterious, heroic – when he wasn’t being a thieving little magpie – and he rescued Joan Wilder when she needed it. Sure, it wasn’t all butterflies and daffodils, but he was *exciting* and that was what counted. In fact, Romancing The Stone is probably the reason I wanted to be a writer when I grew up.




                                                   




I saw it and thought that that is what writers did! If you haven’t seen that 80’s classic, GTFO of here and watch it!





3. Johnny Castle from Dirty Dancing.
He was the bad boy who needed rescuing. He was a DANCER.









He had creative insults for the douche Robby. Helping him and hooking up with Johnny made Baby reclaim her name, stand up to her sister, become a woman, grow up, AND she learned to dance! BOOM! FRANCIS IS WOMAN! I thought that was a pretty perfect experience when I saw the movie for the first time when I was fifteen. Maybe it was really that I wanted to BE Baby, and less that I wanted to BE WITH Johnny. Maybe it was both. :)













2. The Goblin King, Jareth from Labyrinth.







I mean, nobody puts Baby in the corner, but Jareth had that sexy contact juggling thing – AND he sang to Sarah. (I am well aware that Swayze had a song on the Dirty Dancing Soundtrack. But he didn’t sing it TO Baby, which was probably a good thing to mitigate my already raging crush). And he wasn’t BOWIE in riding pants – I mean, um, BOOTS.













1. And here’s where everyone is going to laugh at me so hard that their vaginas turn into outies. Because my very first celebrity crush? Dick Van Dyke from Mary Poppins.











I WAS 4 YEARS OLD! Give a kid a break! It wasn’t a sexual crush, I was too little. But I remember thinking he had a very nice smile and he seemed like he’d be a good time. He made things come to life!











He had cartoon friends! Plus, he had an outrageous accent. And he sang and danced and we all know how I feel about men who are musical. ;)







Who were your first celebrity crushes?


Follow me! on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/FeakySnucker

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/TamaraMatayaAuthor

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7277419.Tamara_Mataya

1 comment:

  1. So, I totally agree with you on Vick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins! And for all the same reasons.

    Also with you on Jareth. Heck, I *still* swoony over Bowie, both as Jareth, and as himself.

    I think that Jareth would probably qualify as one of my 'first' celebrity crushes, but I still get them all the time, and not always for expected reasons.

    Example: Doug Jones. I LOVE THIS MAN. He's not traditionally 'hot' but oh, his grace in movement and mannerisms. I've loved him forever. And then I met him in real life, and he's just as mindlessly graceful in person. Plus, he gives the most AMAZINGLY wonderful hugs!

    Another love is Luke Goss. His diction. I've loved him forever as well but after seeing him in Hell Boy 2, I was totally enamored. Again, super graceful guy.

    ReplyDelete